There are many signs and symptoms of depression, but everyone’s experience will vary.
Some common signs and symptoms of depression include:-
- How you might feel:-
- empty and numb
- isolated and unable to relate to other people
- finding no pleasure in life
- finding no please in things you used to enjoy
- no / low self-confidence or self-esteem
- hopeless and despairing
- down and upset
- restless, agitated or irritable
- How you might behave:-
- finding it difficult to speak
- avoiding social events
- difficulty in remembering or concentrating
- difficulty sleeping or sleeping too much
- no appetite and losing weight or eating too much and gaining weight
- moving very slowly, or being restless and agitated
In some circumstances, you might not even notice that you have developed depression, especially if it has been a gradual process over a number of weeks or months. Sometimes it takes a friend, a family member or a partner to point out that you may have a problem.
Here at Preston Counselling Associates we have a team of experienced counsellors, who are all registered and/or accredited by BACP who can work with you, to listen, reflect, help bring clarity and perspective and to be alongside you on your journey. By exploring your issues through the counselling process we believe you will be able to reach your own decisions and solutions.
We work in a number of locations in the Preston area. We will give you the address and full directions before your first session.
Get in touch today to start your journey, we have clients in Blackpool, Kirkham, Freckleton, St Annes, Lytham, Penwortham, Longton, Walton-le-Dale, Chorley, Leyland, Bamber Bridge as well as throughout Preston area, we can also offer counselling sessions via Skype & Facetime.
Contact us using the form below